Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Iron Man

The reason I wanted to model Iron Man was simple: All of my models so far were all very 'muddy' and I wanted to try something more 'square' and mechanical. First I needed a good picture of Iron Man. At this point Google was my best friend. Or so I thought. Most of the pictures I found through Google were in pose. So I ended up using 5 different pictures from different angles. What a pain in the ass that was. I used the Wax and Flatten tool to get the best results for his armor. In the end I gave up on this idea after I had finished his face, due to the lack of proper concept art.




It's a shame I never really finished this one, but I think I will in the future. It felt good though, that I had proven to myself that I could model Iron Man if I wanted to. I think that counts for something, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment